- I've lived in two state capital cities: Austin, TX and Richmond, VA.
- I have a cousin whose hobby is being photographed in front of state capitol
- I've visited the state capitols
capitalsin Denver, Santa Fe, Austin, St. Paul, and Richmond.
- The Texas state capitol building is one foot taller than the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
- My favorite capitol building is in Richmond; it was designed by Thomas Jefferson and has one of his domes hidden inside the building.
Update: the distinction between capital (the city) and capitol (the building) is a fine point. I'm surprised I didn't have teachers that harped on those words when I was younger.