Sunday, October 24, 2010

Capital/Capitol Trivia

A few ramblings about capitals and capitol buildings that are rattling around my head.
  • I've lived in two state capital cities: Austin, TX and Richmond, VA.
  • I have a cousin whose hobby is being photographed in front of state capitol capital buildings.
  • I've visited the state capitols capitals in Denver, Santa Fe, Austin, St. Paul, and Richmond.
  • The Texas state capitol building is one foot taller than the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C.
  • My favorite capitol building is in Richmond; it was designed by Thomas Jefferson and has one of his domes hidden inside the building.

Update: the distinction between capital (the city) and capitol (the building) is a fine point.  I'm surprised I didn't have teachers that harped on those words when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment