Sunday, October 24, 2010

Capital Ideas

The SOR meeting in Santa Fe begins today.  One feature of SOR meetings is their presence in state and provincial capitals over the past few years.  (I would imagine there's some connection between the location of a state's main research university in the state capital; imagine all those jobs.  There's probably a history thesis in there somewhere.)  Attendees at the past few SOR meetings and International Rheology Conferences have gone to the following capitals--
  • Santa Fe, NM
  • Madison, WI
  • Salt Lake City, UT
  • Columbus, OH
  • Sacramento, CA
  • Boston, MA
  • Quebec, QC
Which capital city would you like to visit for an SOR meeting?  My first choice would be Austin; I have fond memories of the food, bars, lakes, and city from my year there.  I would also like to visit Honolulu, but I think my boss would not approve that travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment