- San Miguel Mission: the oldest church in the United States
- The Loretto Chapel, home of the miraculous staircase [admission required]
An engineering marvel, the spiral staircase makes two complete turns without external support or metal nails. The carpenter who built the staircase vanished without accepting payment.
- Palace of the Governors, a history museum of New Mexico [admission required]
The museum is on the plaza. Before going inside, you'll see Native American artists selling their own work. They specialize in turquoise, silver, and pottery. Don't forget your credit card; some of the artwork and jewelry is expensive.
- The Georgia O'Keefe museum [admission required]
- The state capitol building. (The oldest capital city in the US has the newest building. Designed in the shape of the Zia symbol, which can be found on the state flag. Its nickname is the "Merry Roundhouse.")
Update: Map of these attractions, along with the Convention Center, after the jump.