Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Link of the Moment: Malvern's Rheology Focus Forum

Of interest is Malvern's Rheology Focus Forum, which broadcasts rheology presentations from a variety of users.  Registration is required in order to view the presentations.  I heard about it through the monthly email I receive from Malvern.  I watched the presentation on the SHERE system, which put an extensional rheometer on the International Space Station.
As a former participant in the rheometer business, I was impressed by the Focus Forum's mission statement:
Rheology Focus Forum is not intended to be commercially biased and presenters are welcomed from any background with any equipment.  The objective is to increase awareness of rheology worldwide and allow people who are working on novel or growing fields in rheology to get more exposure and recognition.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've been able to see what the SHERE experiment was. I haven't taken the time to watch it yet (we can't access videos from work, so it has to be done at home...) but it looks pretty interesting, although I doubt there is much practical value.

    The Malvern site in general is quite good and I hope to look at more of their talks (given the constraints previously noted.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would imagine that the work on SHERE will help with constitutive model verification. However, on Earth, we have to deal with 1 g all the time.

    ReplyDelete