Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tracking Google

It's been a while since I wanted to be found on Google. But I'm interested these days when the blog will show up on the search engine site. In fact, one of the reasons I started the site is because it seemed there were no niche blogs about rheology out there. These days, when I type the phrase "rheology blog" into Google, I get this response…
1. Thoughts on Rheology, by Dr. Andy Mackie at Circuits Assembly blog
2&3. Rheology Equipment // BlogCatalog Topic // BlogCatalog
4. Rheology - Zimbio
5. Rheology Blogs & Blog Posts - BlogFlux Blog Directory
6. Entries Tagged "rheology"
7. Bioprocessing Pipelines: Rheology and Analysis
8. rheology Facts, information, pictures
9. Noncovalent bonds dictate cell rheology
10. Rheology — Blogs, Pictures, and more on WordPress

The one blog that looks like this one is #5. It's a pseudonymous blog by Euphrony, a rheologist who lives in Houston. The blog, which is currently defunct, has a few rheology entries but covers many other things.

When I search "rheology blogger", I get the following list…

1&2. Some food rheology primers and resources
3&7. It's the Rheo Thing
4. Inactive Blogger - On The Road - Andrew Sun's blog on Nature Network
5. Using Rheology To Solve An Application Problem 3.3.2009
6. FERMENTATION TECHNOLOGY
8. Scientific and Rheology Equipment « Scientific Instruments ...
9. Rheology
10. Test Your Rheology IQ

#3 is a niche blog that looks similar to this. Run by John, a polymer scientist, the blog covers polymer rheology. I've added it to my blogroll.

Currently, Google says there is no web page with the phrase "Rheol World" in existence. It will probably stay that way until I get some trackbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment