Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dear Doc Rheo

Dear Doc Rheo:
How do you type the symbol of shear rate "gamma-dot" ?
Andrew Sun

Dear Andrew:
I use the equation plug in for Microsoft Word.  I've been using this package for the last 15 years.  With this software, you can add accent dots over characters like so...

Respectively submitted,
Doc Rheo


  1. Well...I mean on the webpage using HTML. Now I know how: γ̇.
    γ is the code for the letter gamma and ̇ does not show anything itself but adds a dot over its previous character.

  2. Haven't tried it in HTML code. Anyone out there able to do it?

  3. How do you do it in the Excel plots?