Thursday, January 28, 2010

Food Processing Issue 1: The problem

Some time ago, I received an email asking about the day-to-day life of an industrial rheologist.  I started to write some boilerplate description of my job (the sort of thing one would tell a relative or new professional colleague), but it was so boring that I stopped writing it halfway through. 
As a substitute, I've found a real-life food processing problem.  I'll give the readers a chance to listen to the problem and then post a discussion of the solution on Monday, Feb 1st.
To listen to the problem, go to this broadcast of the public radio show This American Life.  Click on the icon marked "Full Episode" and forward the program to 34:16 (Act 14), and you'll hear about The Vienna Beef Company and their new hot dog plant.  (I think the whole episode is worth hearing, but you'll only need five minutes to hear the problem and solution.)

No comments:

Post a Comment